A Dog’s Prayer
I don’t remember where I found this Dog Prayer but I thought it was cute and I wanted to share it. There were a few things I could have added, but I decided to leave it as it was!
A Dog’s Prayer
Here is a list of a few things I must remember to be a good dog:
1. I will not eat the cats’ food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the smell.
3. The sofa is not a face towel.
4. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
5. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
6. Sticking my nose into someone’s crotch is not an acceptable way of saying hello.
7. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I’m lying under the coffee table.
8. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house.
9. I will not throw up in the car.
10. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when company is over.
11. The cat is not a squeaky toy; so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it’s usually not a good thing.
12. And God, when I get to Heaven, can I have my testicles back?
There is an Indian legend which says, “When a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based upon what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge…. and which are turned away…” — Unknown
Filed under: All About Dogs
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!